SXF 159 1956 Austin A40 Countryman “GP5”

SXF 159  1956 Austin A40 Countryman “GP5

This magnificent vehicle served with the Auxiliary Fire Service (AFS) from 1956 thru to 1968.
During those 12 years in service, it was utilised in several roles.  Primarily, it was used
as a Staff Car with Mobile Columns and at times, it would be used as a Towing Vehicle when it could tow
either a Trailer Pump or a Field Telephone Trailer.
It was further used as a Wireless Control Unit, a Personnel Carrier and for the movement of Specialist Stores

 

 

 

Appliance Registration Make / Model Type Current Vehicle Status
SXF 159
Austin A40 Countryman
Utility Vehicle
Available

 

 

 

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service Museum
and Heritage Centre
The Old Fire Station Dalrymple Street
Greenock
PA15 1LY

    

Registered Scottish Charity (SC043929)