1936 Leyland Cub Light Six
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Heritage Trust are excited to introduce our newest exhibit. EW 9795 Leyland Cub
This vehicle has been generously loaned to us by The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service and we are excited to have this appliance (affectionately called Cracker) on display.
This has a six cylinder petrol engine with an electric start. 500 Gallons Per Minute Pump with two deliveries and a hose reel function. All are pump driven via the road engine and integrated power take off. This version came with a 30 foot ladder. 6 Crew members were carried.
It was purchased by Huntington Fire Brigade and was stationed at Yaxley Parish and then at Whitecross near Peterbourgh.
On retirement from active service, the appliance took part in the 1969 film, The Battle of Britain as a London Fire Brigade Appliance.
In 1981, The Braidwood and Rushbrook Museum purchased it from The Heron Motor Group with the assistance of a grant from The Royal Scottish Museum